Our commitment to sustainability is deeply entrenched in our corporate philosophy. Finding a balance between the interests of the various stakeholders and thus between economic success, the protection of the environment and social responsibility is an inherent part of our corporate culture.
SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH’s CSR ambition is in sync with the business strategy and tailored to the stakeholders’ needs. The principles of our activities are the conservation of resources, energy efficiency, product recyclability, minimizing emissions, safety at the workplace, continuous innovation and an open dialogue with our stakeholders.
Head of Corporate Social Responsibility
Phone: +41 (0) 41 581 4124
- We ensure health protection & safety and support the personal and professional development of our employees
- We create new training positions for young people
- We constantly improve our production processes and our environmental measures to reduce our environmental footprint
- By using scrap as a basic resource, we ensure the conservation of resources
- We secure the company’s economic success by efficiency measures
- We strive to be as close as possible to our customers – around the world
- Our compliance regulations are part of our company philosophy
- We take responsibility for delivering all of our products and services in a sustainable and ethical manner
How we define CSR
CSR for S+B Group means to consider the success of the company from the following three perspectives:
1. Economic performance
2. Environmental performance
3. Social performance
This means that we analyse and assess all three performance areas along specified key performance indicators (KPIs).
We integrate CSR in the core of our business model by focusing on and evaluating the key concerns of our stakeholders. Every stakeholder of S+B Group should be able to understand our CSR approach and know how to support it. This is in line with our long-term goal to create a profitable, innovative and global group for special long steel.
Main CSR goals of the SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH Group are:
- Make CSR an integral part of the S+B Group value chain from purchase to production, processing, sales and distribution
- Balance out and continuously improve economic, environmental and social performance
- Make a positive impact on society in a sustainable and ethical way
CSR at SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH Group is continuously developing. The progress in CSR will be reported annually in the annual report of the corresponding year. As a guideline in developing CSR reporting for SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH Group, the principles of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards are followed. In the Annual Report you will find an overview of stakeholders and material topics.
Open Online Report